Started Nov 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HDProman
Contributing MemberPosts: 809
Like?
Two Monitor System
Nov 1, 2010

I just ordered a new monitor and will receive it from B&H this Thursday. I went with a NEC MultiSync PA241W-BK-SV 24.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor with SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution.

I chose this monitor to supplement my NEC MultiSync LCD 1980FXi, for use in a two monitor setup.
My reasons for this selection:
1. Price is finally in my ballpark for this quality of monitor.

2. Includes color calibration software and hardware, and my existing NEC monitor is compatible.
3. Highly recommended at ShootSmarter.com.

Quote from Will, "THIS IS THE EASIEST, FASTEST PROFILING MONITOR YOU CAN FIND AND THE COLOR IS GREAT. If you want good, simple to maintain color, this is the right screen for you." I like the part about simple.
4. Extra screen area for use with Lightroom.

5. Never used a two monitor system, I can't wait to see what all the excitement is about.

Question for this group.

My video card, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, supports two monitors having two DVI outputs. I am running Vista 64bit, soon to be Windows 7 64bit.

Anything I should watch out for or any advice you want to give me about setting up a two monitor system?

-- hide signature --

Newbie, having fun.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow