Started Apr 2, 2008 | Discussions thread
jcsuperstar
Regular MemberPosts: 181
Like?
Re: E-1 vs E-3
In reply to MagicLantern, Nov 1, 2010

MagicLantern wrote:
Hallo JC,

First of all I have never accused you of anything. I have only questioned a few issues and you answered them for me. Big difference between accusing and questioning.

As for the issue of the camera falling into the sea....I did not accuse you of anything, you said it yourself and I wrongly assumed that it must be the camera you sold me. You can't expect me to know you had two E1's. I mean you never told me. Anyway JC, it's not a big deal. I did say to you in our last interaction on this forum after you explained some things to me that I was quite happy with the camera and it's performance. And I sold it but not because I was unhappy with the camera. I sold it because I was able to purchase two other E1 bodies in almost new condition for a good price and did not need 3 of them. I use one and have one as back-up in it's box in the cupboard. I don't think I will ever need another camera again and have just purchased the 11-22mm Olympus lens to complement my outfit.
I wish you all the best and happy shooting.
Sincere regards
Fred

Ps.
I guess you will be getting the E5 now?

jcsuperstar wrote:

this isn't the only e1 i had . yours wasn't dropped in the sea. you keep on accusing me of selling you a faulty camera but did you ever have problems with it?

learn to trust someone and plz. if u have other queries, ask me and don't just assume something. this is the 2nd or 3rd time i've had to defend my legitimacy

MagicLantern wrote:

Ah...now I know. Dropped into the sea. You never told me that. (You sold your E1 to me)

I have since sold it but have purchased 2 other E1 bodies both in like new condition. One with 2500 shutter activations and the other with 6,700 activations. I am using one of them and keeping the other in it's box as back-up. I just came back from the Namibian desert where I visited my parents who live in Swakopmund and I really enjoyed the images my E1 delivered for me.
Regards
Fred

jcsuperstar wrote:

I don't know if I can convince you but as a backup (or as a 1st rugged travelling camera) the E1 will just go on for ever. I've accidentally dropped mine in the sea and it's been through desert storms and it's still going strong. I'm waiting for it to breakdown so I can justify buying myself an E3.
cheers, Jan
--
a few of my pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcsuperstar60/
If your wondering why, they're my initials.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

a few of my pics:
If you're wondering why, they're my initials.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

a few of my pics:
If you're wondering why, they're my initials.

alright, no hard feelings. enjoy your cameras.

i hope to purchase a e5 but am stiil up in air about it seeing that this will probably be their last dlsr. i'll stick with my e3 and lenses and see what the future brings.
cheers, jc

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow