Any users of older Ricoh digicams?

Started Oct 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,079Gear list
Like?
Re: RDC i700
In reply to will foreman, Oct 31, 2010

will foreman wrote:

...is my favourite old Ricoh still in use. Amazing 3.5" flip-up touch screen though LCD res is low by today┬┤s standards. You can hold it up at arm's length to shoot over people's heads. Nice contrast in BW and you can draw (moustaches and glasses) on photos with the scriber...I've got two, one still brand spanking new still in its original box. Beats the RDC-7 and RDC-2 but the most difficult of all is the weird file format on the RDC-1 and let's face it, on cameras that old, IQ is crap! Looks nice on the shelf though...

From samples on flickr I think that the IQ of the Rdc-7 is rather good. Even iso 400 is far better than I expected, very grainy but seems to be useful http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/RDC7/RD7PICS.HTM

I've not managed to find iso-samples of the i500 or i700 but those might be similar to the Rdc-7 as them seem to use the same ccd. Still Ricoh may have done something to the jpeg engine.

Compact flash that i500 and i700 uses, of course is better than unsmart media cards which rdc-7 uses. But as said earlier, I chose the rdc-7 because I'm gonna need these 3x 64mb cards which it comes with and I was also curious what these models is like. Only regret is that it is not a black rdc-7 which seems to be unusual, but one can't wait forever.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GRDINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow