Started Oct 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JayMurph
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
Magna Color cast using Canon Piixma Pro9500 MkII
Oct 29, 2010

I just recently starting using the canon Pixma Pro9500 Mark II and with the purchase of the printer I also purchased canon paper pro platinum. My first prints consisted of some landscape photos and then I started printing a few portrait shots I noticed they all had this the red/magna cast.

I am using CS5 my monitor is color calibrated.

I am selecting the proper profile (canon's)

I do believe that I am allowing CS5 to manage the colors. From what I understood I pretty sure that I have "disabled" the printer from managing color.

The color cast doesn't appear in soft proof

I am running windows 7 64 bit

recently I did some prints using RR Metal paper and used ICC canon glossy pluss gold as suggested by RR webpage... no color cast.

Any ideas am I doing something wrong if someone would please list the steps needed to ensure that I have truly disabled the printer color management or if there is something else going on with CS5 and windows 7... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx,

Murph

PS - if additional info is need please let me know at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance for your help...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow