K-5 future firmware

Started Oct 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,625Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5 future firmware
In reply to Joseph Tainter, Oct 29, 2010

Joseph Tainter wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I've been gone for the past couple of weeks and haven't been able to keep up with discussions of the camera.

Still...what does "Improved stability" mean?

Simply "improved stability". More reliable software, if you wish. Fixing bugs/memory leaks, stuff like this.

It has nothing to do with hardware stability, e.g. the ability to keep a certain component in the same position.

As I recall, the K7 had been out for months before there began to be discussion about shutter blur problems.

The K-5 should/will be tested for this possible issue, however it's not related to "improved stability". Why are we even talking about this?

I would like to get the K5 and hope it doesn't have any such problems. But this firmware release confirms my plan to wait a while and see whether others experience problems.

Confirms, how exactly? If you want to see problems everywhere, you'll see problems everywhere. But this firmware release doesn't confirm your fears (most likely, there is nothing to confirm).

Joe

Alex S.

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow