Which new TS-E, 17 or 24? (new thread)

Started Jun 24, 2009 | Discussions thread
joger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,537Gear list
Like?
Re: Which new TS-E, 17 or 24? (new thread)
In reply to ck_WTB, Oct 29, 2010

ck_WTB wrote:

24 TS-E Pros
-Optical performance that exceed the 17 TS-E

thanks for summarizing some points - but in this respect you're wrong (at least to my experiences. A friend bought both the 17 and 24 mm T&S and I own the TS-E 17 since nov. 2009.

Having played around with it I know the good and the bad sides of a super wide angle shift lens. Some two months ago I had the chance to do the same shot with both and described my experiences in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1029&message=36236716

Result: TS-E 17 beats the TS-E 24 fully shifted and then cropped down to the FOV of the TS-E 24

I was absolutely stunned and enthusiastic about that since I did not expect either LR 3 to do such an incredible job for upsizing and I really did not expect the TS-E 17 to be that good in the FOV of the TS-E 24

For me there is no need to think twice when choosing between them two.

The TS-E 17 is more versatile and the only disadvantage is the bulbous front element that needs some attention for handling.

Just my 2 ct

-- hide signature --

isn’t it funny, a ship that leaks from the top

ISO 9000 definition of quality: 'Degree to which a set of inherent characteristic fulfills requirements'
I am the classic “Windows by Day, Mac by Night user'

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow