Guide Numbers, Shutter Speeds and ISO...

Started Oct 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gayang3
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Guide Numbers, Shutter Speeds and ISO...
Oct 28, 2010

Although I have been quite interested in photography it has been only a week since I got my first off camera kit (cheap stand, and an shoot through umbrella with a pair of ebay trigger-receiver kit for my 430EX). And I was reading up on guide numbers and playing around with my off camera set up.

I get most shots with a good exposure when I am shooting with a dark background (infront of a backdrop)

but when it comes to strobe+natural light situations upto now it has been hit and miss when it comes to exposure. (not that I have actually taken the kit out side for a real shoot, but I have been practicing with a very co-operative model.

I suppose over time I will develop the ability to balance exposure correctly, but in the immidiate term are there any tables that one can use? I have come across the 430EX GN table but that's for ISO100 and I don't know for what shutter speed.

So is there any way to connect the GN table with ISOs and Shutter speeds?

This is the GN table I have come across but it is for ISO 100 and it does not mention the shutter speeds...

Any help will be much appreciated...

-- hide signature --

What do you think of my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gayang3/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow