Started Oct 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
Looleylaylow
Regular MemberPosts: 277Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO obsessed forum
In reply to binary_eye, Oct 28, 2010

binary_eye wrote:

Looleylaylow wrote:

I'm looking for a camera with a noteably faster, more accurate AF system than the one in my D80. Any chance some of you early adopters out there can offer meaningful comparisons between the AF performance of the D7000 and the D300(s)?

Are you looking for comparisons between the D7000 and D300/D300S, or comparisons between the D80 and D7000/D300/D300S? If the latter, I can assure you that the AF of the D300/D300S is most definitely faster than that of the D80 (it's very noticeable). In my experience, the accuracy comes down to how the AF is setup in combination with your shooting technique.

It's pretty much a given that I'm upgrading to either the 7000 or the 300s (though I could talk myself into waiting for a D400), so the comparisons I'd like to see are between those two cameras. Thanks.

Looleylaylow's gear list:Looleylaylow's gear list
Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow