Should Pentax makes lenses with more COMMON focal lengths?

Started Oct 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marques Lamont
Contributing MemberPosts: 558
Like?
Should Pentax makes lenses with more COMMON focal lengths?
Oct 28, 2010

I saw a poster who complained about Pentax not having a 70-200 f/2.8 lens. I thought about it for a second. Then, I looked at the 60-250... which is an f/4 lens. Then I said to myself... "What's wrong here?"

Where is the 24-70 f/2.8 lens from Pentax? And where is the 70-200 f/2.8 lens from Pentax? These are bread and butter lenses for Canon, Nikon, and Sony, even on crop sensors. But why not Pentax?

I know that there is a 16-50 f/2.8 and a 50-135 f/2.8 lens (which I own) but why not the more normal focal lengths on crop sensors? Even on crop sensors for other systems, users expect these lenses to be in the catalog and they snatch them up. I think users should be able to get what they expect. In my honest opinion, I think it's a mistake that Pentax doesn't makes lenses in the same focal lengths as the competitors in this regards, even on crop sensors, because crop sensor users buy the majority of these lenses anyway. I don't think there is a reason not to. Users from other systems migrate, and they don't see what they're used to from other brands coming from Pentax.

Should Pentax make lenses with more common focal lengths? I think so.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NO!New
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow