Started Oct 28, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ZionGates
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
SuperSharp D7000 NEFS Thread
Oct 28, 2010

Can those with the D7000 PLEASE post some SHARP nefs or unprocessed jpegs which demonstrate excellent detail retrieval from the sensor.

If you can PLEASE shoot some serious subjects that have a lot of detail, not goofy shots of your dogs ear (I actually saw that) some nice macro shots would be nice as well.

For those not caught up in the EmoTioNal Hype surrounding the camera's release let's get down to the bottomline; all the cam features are built around Sensor Performance. If the Sensor is substandard it renders High ISO, 39 Af points, 2 SD slots etc. useless in my opinioin.

So far I've seen a mostly Mushy NEFS and Jpegs floating around with a lot of downsampling talk (why should I need to downsample to compensate for lack of standard sharpness in my new cam?). I'm not a basher, I'm actually trying to like the D7000 to consider it for purchase because the specs SEEM awesome. (I actually will buy a D700 next week if I'm not convinced otherwise).

Anyone read this review? http://robertbromfield.com/nikon-d7000-review-and-impressions/ He states "The sharpness is just not there"

It seems true until proven otherwise. I've downloaded and viewed at 100% every NEF/Jpeg sample I could find and for the D7000 and there is'nt ONE that I was struck by to say "WOW that's sharp" (not even the one which Chase Jarvis took of the guy under the umbrella). And I AM a pixel peeper, there is nothing wrong with examining your work or the work of others (film photographers use loupes) . I'm interested in determining capability and improving my technique to use my expensive equipment to it's full potential. If the claim is 16MP then that's what I expect to see CLEARLY not MUSHILY. My D40 has 6MP Clearly, My D2XS (sold) had 12MP Clearly and neither needed/required any downsampling to achieve default sharpness.

I have a bunch of galleries at http://MajesticDynasty.com mostly D40 shots. The Sharpness is not due to downsampling, viewed at 100% they look the same.

Make us Believers! Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow