Started Oct 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
omar mhanna
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Just got a 5D Mark II and I'm in love!
Oct 27, 2010

I started out with a 10D and then kept upgrading to the next crop camera up until the awesome 7D. Well, a couple of days ago I decided I need to try FF and ordered a 5D II body only.

It feels great in my hands, even though the 7D grip is a little more comfortable. Other than that the build quality feels the same. The VF is nice and bright.

I really love this camera! It exposes perfectly, even compared to the never 7D, the AF is allright if one knows it's limitations and how to use it. The IQ is out of this world with the right lenses. In the end that is all that matters to me, getting the best IQ and this camera is hard to beat and considering it's almost two years old impresses me even more.

Considering the massive resolution this camera is capable of recording the high ISO performance is really good. Not as good as the best Nikons but then they are only 12mpix cameras, still the Mark II is not far behind.

I get usable results up to 6400 ISO when using LR 3.2, my 7d is good but the 5D II smokes it in this regard.

There are a lot of posts comapring the 7D with the 5D II and a lot of people say they can't see the difference between pictures taken with these two camreas. Personally I don't think it's fair to the 7D to compare it's, great, but still crop sensor to a FF sensor.

A newbie photographer reaing post here regarding the 7D and it's supposed softnes will probably settle for another cam, that is really sad. With the right glass this camera will produce very sharp images, even at 100% crop.

I don't think the two cameras should be compared for a lot of reasons but sharpness is not one of them. It simply cannot produce the same look and lovely dof as a FF sensor but that it no news to anybody.

I only use Manual focus lenses, Carl Zeiss Contax line of lenses and the newer ZE lenss. All my lenses perform so much better with this camera. The sharpness and feel of the pictures makes me smile! No, I'm not paid by Canon to say any of this, it's my first FF so I'm really glad Yes I know it's been out forever and the things I write is no news but I felt like sharing.

Anybody thinking of buying this camera don't hesitate, get it now and be amazed..good glass required though

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow