Started Oct 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
palermo22
Regular MemberPosts: 352
Like?
Sony Lenses
Oct 26, 2010

After I posted this to another thread I tried to delete it as I wanted to start a separate thread - I couldn't delete it so I apologize for the double posting.

I am becoming somewhat frustrated in finding a lens - a very good lens for a decent price (I wonder iof that is an oxymoron). I have not yet purchased a camera but have narrowed my choices to the Sony A55 or A580 (waiting for that to be released to read reviews) or the Canon T2i. I would love to purchase one of the Sony's but in all honesty the Canon lenses appear to get better ratings (and apparently there are more choices). I know there are some great Sony lenses but I didn't want to spend more than $500 + - - and at that price point and for what i wanted I am running into a stone wall. I was hoping to get one lens - like an 18-250. At first I wanted the Tamron because reviews stated that it's not much different than Sony lenses - but now I think I read that for the 18-200 and now wonder if Tamron even makes an 18-250 for Sony (I know they do for Canon and Nikon). The Sony 18-250 only seems to get so/so reviews. I am not sure if the 16-105 would work (it gets good reviews) but I think I would want something slightly longer, i.e. Canon has a 28-135 (I believe that's the correct numbers) and that size would be good.

Suggestions and recommnedations are welcomed.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow