Started Oct 25, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ralph Newman
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
error code 20 and 50 0n my 50D
Oct 25, 2010

The worst possible thing to happen after getting organised for a caraving trip to Broken Hill and beyond, packing all the camera gear, 5 lenses, flashes tripods etc, well you get the picture. On the second day out shooting, I happened upon an old very big Wedge tailed eagle which after a few sitting shots took to flight and I fired off a continuous burst of shots and after about 8 or 10 shots the shutter started to sound funny and then stopped. I had an error code 50 on the back of the screen. "Shooting impossible, turn off camera and back on or remove battery and replace" Well since then I have done all of the above several times, reset the camera to factory defaults, read what I could on the net, even left the battery out for 30 minutes change all through my lenses and camera setting all to no avail. I get at best one shot then it comes up code 50. on closing down and rebooting camera it will register code 20. If I remove the battery and put it back in, I get one shot then code 50 again, and so on and on. Best I can figure it is a failed shutter which will need sending to Canon no doubt. 1 month out of warranty OF COURSE!! My delema, do I canel my holidays and go home, buy a new camera and keep shooting is so which one? Another 50D or a 60D remembering I have batteries and battery grip that wont fit a 7D. Unless someone has a magic fix I can apply here and now. Enough to drive a man to drink!! Maybe thats what I should do for the rest of my holidays!
Ralph
--
Ralph
http://www.ozphotos.smugmug.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow