Has anyone had this issue with E-series?

Started Oct 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scanlon
Regular MemberPosts: 191
Like?
Has anyone had this issue with E-series?
Oct 24, 2010

I have been using the same 8 GB card (ProMax CF) in my E-510 for several years, no problem. I normally reformat the card after taking the photos off, pretty much daily. The card, when reformatted, shows 462-photo capacity (at least that's the number the LCD display gives me). I noticed this week it was considerably lower. After doing some investigation, it appears that that LCD number goes down 1 after each shutter release, even after the card is reformatted and the phot supposedly detleted ( it shows "No Picture" on the card, so it is gone). About a year ago, my card door stopped warning me when it came open. Other than that, there have been no other problems. As a result of the card door issue, I cannot check the shutter actuations on the camera, either. I tried different CF cards in the camera, all with the same result. My XD card doesn't seem to react the same way - the photo capacity goes back up when a photo is erased or the card is reformatted. Is this a pin problem in the CF card slot?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow