Started Oct 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,777Gear list
Like?
Advice please! Camera - good IQ & low light on budget
Oct 24, 2010

I have a friend who asked me to advise her on a p&s - she is leaving for vacation at the end of the week! Her budget is about $250 - squeeze to $300. A wide (28mm) and a decent zoom would be nice. (Yes I know, the price is now rising!). However, there are some nice images around here with less than expensive cameras. I have been checking reviews till I'm blue in the face so thought I would get some first hand experience.

She prefers straight using auto - or something she can use with the least amount of changing the settings. She wants something she can use indoors - so it either has to be good in low light - or at least have a decent flash that won't kill the image.

It does not have to be a brand new camera - KEH and sometimes Adorama keep a large selection of used , refurbished and older cameras in stock, so that may be an option.

Thanks for any advice.

Maria
--

Marla's gear list:Marla's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow