Started Oct 23, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Uforias
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Double Disappointment with Sigma 50mm and 85mm f/1.4 Lens
Oct 23, 2010

After a sorrow experiece two years ago with some Sigma gear, which I ended up selling (loosing lots of money) and trade for Canon gear. After reading several positive reviews, I tought things at Sigma have finally changed and decided to give them another chance. Today I have received two new lens; the 50mm f/1.4 and the 85mm f/1.4. Unfortunately these came out as a double disapointment. After testing them on three different Canon bodies (Eos 7D, 5D MKII and 50D) I found out that these lens are CRAP on what it concerns to AF reliability. On both lens I have to compensate from -5 micro adjustment for up 1 meter distance to almost +20 on the worst scenario for longer distances. Furthermore, even microadjusted the keeper rates are below 50% because the AF isn't consistent. In the end I have eded up loosing EUR 1300.00. My advice. If you need these lens to be used with Canon gear and you depend on AF, please stay away from Sigma!...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow