alexeyga
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
I was actually being sarcastic.... :-)
In reply to acktown, Oct 22, 2010

With a solid grain of reality though...

acktown wrote:

alexeyga wrote:

You can get some fantastic deals on Demo and Open Box items. The Open Box items are inspected and fully tested. Defective merchandise is not sold as Open Box.

With the "inspect and fully tested" thing... because an average kid who works in average Future Shop doesn't look like he can flush a toilet without breaking the handle... Never mind testing a dslr camera that most users need to go through at least half a dozen guide-books before figuring out where the shutter release button is... So inspected if all original items are in the box... maybe... Fully tested... live that stuff to the one who'll buy it...

I'm sorry your experiences might not have been great, but I know at my store and others in our district, we have photographers and technicians more than capable of testing and have product knowledge to make sure any Open Box or Demo items are in perfect working condition.

I personally inspect any item carefully before it leaves my store. Open Box, Demo or Factory Fresh.

-- hide signature --

Adam
Kingston, ON, Canada
D90, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, SB-600

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow