Started Oct 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wyeman
Regular MemberPosts: 419
Like?
Nightmare
Oct 22, 2010

Two days ago - I took a couple of pics in the back yard and was called indoors with a minor emergency. Put my D50 down on the garden table while I responded - very embarrassed to admit that the domestic emergency took it completely out of my mind. I forgot to bring it indoors. It was out all night and the temp went down to zero with a sharp ground frost.

When I recovered it next morning I wiped the outside, removed the lens and put the lens aperture cover in place. Removed the battery and memory card and left the doors open. The domestic emergency meant that we had a commercial de-humidifier running in a spare room, so I left the camera in there for 24 hours. Left the lens there also, with its rear cover off.

Would anyone have any advice to offer in respect of what else I might need to think of or any other action that I ought to take? Or what might have happened inside that I might have to deal with !!

Advice to "always hang your camera round your neck and never put it down" can be taken as given !!

-- hide signature --

Peter

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow