ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jimmy Lai
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
Unfortunate people
Oct 21, 2010

RoelHendrickx wrote:

As soon as I saw this happening, I knew in a split second that I had to make that photograph, and I instantly knew that I would give it the title "Bag Ladies

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=36612222

How do you interpreted “unfortunate “? What standard do you use to define “unfortunate“? What right do you have to form you view as “unfortunate” on others. When I read your trend, all these questions come to my mind. I also feel respect and dignity should be considered when we photographer label certain pictures to certain title to express their message should be carefully examined; quite often we only consider and look at matter too subjectively.

I agreed with Raist3rd; John A G; and Dr.abbit‘s views. I also notice that you will make a book on the subject ( I will be making a book on the Zonnekamp project, to raise awareness about this.)

What are you going to do with the proceeds of the book? Donate all the proceeds for the

good cause to help these you co call “unfortunate people or for your own benefit? For the dignity of the person you photographed, you should delete the pictures and apology for the intention of your motive in benefit from the “unfortunate” as you defined it.

Jimmy Lai's gear list:Jimmy Lai's gear list
Canon PowerShot N
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow