Started Oct 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bbbinohio
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Like?
D700 is TOO FREAKIN’ COMPLICATED!!!
Oct 20, 2010

Had a GREAT shot this morning, but I needed to do “auto-bracketing”, and I could not figure out how to get my camera to fire the five shots. THE BAD PART IS THAT I HAD ALREADY SET THIS UP A FEW MONTHS AGO SO THAT IT WOULD BE EASY.

You should have seen me scrambling to beat the sunrise. In 40 MINUTES could I get the shot off. NO!!

I had the owners manual with me. I read page 279 where I was supposed to find the help. Nothing made any sense to me. NOTHING THERE!!!

I called the 24 HOUR, ALWAYS THERE, EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR HOTLINE. They were CLOSED. I could not believe it, so I scrambled for more numbers online. NO, they were CLOSED.

I read the Ken Rockwell guide. He did not touch on it.

I searched online for it. NOWHERE that I could find help.

I drug the camera and tripod over to the light in the room several times, reading Custom Menu Settings, under Auto Bracketing…. NOTHING THERE!!!

The shot, oh, it came and went. I GOT NOTHING!!!

I WOULD PAY $10,000 FOR A FX CAMERA FROM NIKON THAT I COULD WORK!!

This is ridiculous!!!

Why do I own a D700, because NIKON DOES NOT MAKE A SIMPLER FX CAMERA!!!

Bob from Ohio

bbbinohio's gear list:bbbinohio's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HrmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow