Started Oct 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
luisflorit
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,912Gear list
Like?
Raist3d...
In reply to Raist3d, Oct 19, 2010

Raist3d wrote:

those expecting miracles. well...

That's not really serious. What is actually serious is to see miracles! And even asking you if you don't trust your own eyes...

To be fair to the E-5, the E-5 would keep more detail due to the weaker AA. What I find interesting is that if this is how close in some ways the 620 comes, then a lowly E-PL1 Pen should come very close as it also sports a weak AA, though I would still expect the E-5 to have a bit more "depth" to it (probably a higher quality pick of the same sensor).

At this point, it seems to me that there will be little advantage in the RAW files over the E3, except for banding (great!) and a bit more detail. I do not expect any noise or DR gain, perhaps even some loose. And I processed some ORFs that actually showed bad moire that didn't appear on the JPGs. That is actually quite worrisome to me that always deal with fine detail, moire was never a problem for me.

But let's wait for DPR & DxO RAW comparisons.

Cheers,
L.

-- hide signature --

My gallery: http://luis.impa.br/photos

Oly Ee3 + 12--60 + 50--200 + EeC-14 + Oly EfEl50R
Pany FZee50 + Oly EfEl50 + TeeCon17 + Raynx 150 & 250

luisflorit's gear list:luisflorit's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow