ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Phillips
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Nx2 vs Photoshop viewing
Oct 19, 2010

Hello from the U.K.

I have had a viewing problem for some time and no-one can advise me how to correct it , so I would appreciate all your opinions about solving this please.

I am a Nikon enthusiast and shoot in Nikon raw (NEFF) . My D700 is set to Adobe RGB and all shooting parameters set to zero and neutral so I can have absolute control in post processing later . All my global manipulations are conducted in the dedicated NX2 package including the sharpening, then because NX2 is not all encompassing I finish off the processing , if neccessary in CS5 .

I calibrate my screen regulary to keep it right (Viewsonic VG 2021m)

The problem is this - When I finish in NX2 the image looks pretty good, acceptably sharp and colours are right but when I transfer the file as a Tiff into CS5 to do the tweaks that NX2 cant do , the image degrades a little in particular the sharpening effect which reduces. So I find performing manipulations in CS5 difficult as you cannot tell what effect you are really having unless you re open it in NX viewer to test it !

I'm at a loss what to do next......Thanks Andy

PS I have the feeling you will ask me to post samples on here to show differences ( If so , can you tell me how to do that please ? )

Andy Phillips's gear list:Andy Phillips's gear list
Nikon PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow