Difference between 5d and 5dii

Started Oct 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,873Gear list
Like?
Re: Difference between 5d and 5dii
In reply to PhotogirlY, Oct 17, 2010

PhotogirlY wrote:

What are the differences? I have tried to search this online, but can't find any specifics.

5DII:

Higher resolution sensor, great for landscapes and group portraits where you have more resolution to work with when touching up individual faces, etc. Also allows for aggressive cropping if necessary.

Large high resolution LCD that allows for very accurate 1/1 assessments of focus in the field.

Live view. Exposure simulation gives you a very precise preview of the shot. Great for landscapes and studio portraits. Very reminiscent of medium format framing shots on the ground glass.

1080p HD cinematic video. You may not use it immediately, but the quality will be there if you ever do (currently used to shoot Network TV dramas and B camera in feature films) and it will enhance resale as all new DSLRs will have it.

AF micro adjust fine tuning. You can match your lenses perfectly to the camera without sending them back to Canon. Although all of my lenses worked perfectly with my 5DII so I've yet to use it.

Better high ISO even though it's higher resolution.

Those are the features that attracted me.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow