Started Oct 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluenoser23
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032Gear list
Like?
D7000 vs. the D3!?!? (WHY OH WHY?????)
Oct 17, 2010

Why on earth do I keep reading threads where people chime in on the D7000 (the upgrade to the mid-level D90) with the now seemingly inevitable comparison to the D3??? (the FF, FX, uber-camera from Nikon that hard-core professionals use???)

WTF? Am I missing something here or is that just slightly insane?

Well golly, these D3 meisters are finding after their rigorous, scientific, highly controlled experiments (i.e. about 20 minutes worth of casual shooting), that the D7000 comes up a "bit short" against the D3 in terms of AF and high ISO performance (D'UH!) I sure as sh*t would hope so for the kind of money the D3 costs!

The D7000 is an upgrade to the D90 - not an upgrade to the D700 or the D3. Get it? The D7000 should be compared to the D90 and the Canon 50D and 60D (i.e. it's peer group).

I guess if people are actually comparing it to Nikon's top of the line FX camera, then that must say a lot about how good the D7000 must be! (I sure don't recall the D90 being put through the D90 vs. D3 Inquisition - at least not to the extent the D7k has been).

Sheesh people - get real!

-- hide signature --

James

bluenoser23's gear list:bluenoser23's gear list
Canon PowerShot A95 Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D40 +13 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow