Sigma 70-200mm OS review is up

Started Sep 13, 2010 | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,145Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 70-200mm OS review is up
In reply to IeraseU, Oct 17, 2010

IeraseU wrote:

Yes, it happens sometimes, but unlike camera bodies lenses can also go up in price.

mehigh wrote:
Does the price of the lenses ever go down?

I know the cameras get cheap in time, but does this happen to lenses also?

sportyaccordy wrote:

Looking at the MTF/CA graphs, the only places the Sigma seems to be off from the Nikons is in CA, and at 200mm wide open. Other than that, they're pretty close.

Looking at the MTF/CA graphs for all 4 lenses (Sigma 70-200 macro + OS, Nikkor 70-200 VR I & II), the best value seems to be the VR I, esp for the DX crew. Shame that this Sigma is so expensive... I'm sure the used market will put it in its place. I want to go Sigma 2.8 from 24-200mm, but would only do so if I could get this lens (or whatever OS 70-200 they have) + their 24-70 2.8 for under $1000 which will take a while...

-- hide signature --

Only when they're discovered to be a good deal. This Sigma lens is not worth what they're charging for it. f/2.8 is pretty fast... fast enough that OS is def a plus but not a deal breaker. Esp considering the Nikon 70-200 VR is about the same price + better than this. We'll see

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow