Would you exchange a 16-35 II for a 35 L?

Started Oct 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Would you exchange a 16-35 II for a 35 L?
Oct 16, 2010

Hello everybody,

after purchasing the 24 L II for my Canon 5DII last summer (amazing!!), I was dreaming about the 35 L too...

Well, I'd like to sell my 16-35 II and take the 35 L instead. I already have a 24-105, the 24 II L, the 50 macro and the 70-200 f4L.

I know the 16-35 and the 35 are two totally different lenses, but I generally find the 24 wide enough 99% of the times, and the ultrawide (below 20 mm) side is really too much. The 35 L could be an excellent walkaround lens (maybe paired with the 24 or the 50) for casual street shooting (while I find the 24 too wide for this purpose).

On the other side, I think the 16-35 is a very good lens, very versatile, and I have fear, in the end, I could miss it.

I wish canon offered a good 20 (the 14 is way too wide and expensive): for me it would be enough.

Any thoughts?
--

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow