Started Oct 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotogirlY
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
7D and 5D
Oct 16, 2010

I bought a 7D without doing the proper research. I am just starting my family photography business and now know I should have gotten a 5D. I paid over $1600 for It with tax and everything. A couple of questions. Should I take the loss of $200 and sell it for $1400 online (if I can even get that) & get the 5Dii that I should have gotten in the first place? I've only had it one month tomorrow - nothing wrong with at all, just isn't giving me the iq I need for close ups. I really believe the FF will make a difference in my portrait work, especially since I will be working inside often. I seriously have not slept soundly since I realized I made this error.

Before my purchase,I read a couple of reviews on 5Ds not focusing great and I was worried about kids moving during shoots. I realize now that I will be taking many more still shots than moving. I got caught up in a 5 v 7 debate between 2 salespeople at the camera store when I was buying it, too, and I think I just got confused emoticon - sad. I am in a competitive market and I also just want the best pictures . I know now that the 7D isn't going to give me that. I know a camera doesn't make a photographer, but I also know that the right equipment makes a huge difference (illustrated even more when viewing the differences between 5 & 7 portrait work online). Just trying to decide if it is worth the money lost.

So, 5Dii users, is it worth it? Do I take the loss and buy the 5D?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow