Former S95 owner. New 60D owner, my experience.

Started Oct 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Garcia NYC
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Former S95 owner. New 60D owner, my experience.
Oct 16, 2010

I temporarily owned the s95 and I wasn't really satisfied with noise/speed (It really didn't make me want to take photos, that's just me). I returned it and was left with a 16 gb sdhc card. I would've gotten the 7D but I didn't want to spend more money and I still had the card of the s95. So I thought about it and 5 fps is great (8 is better) imagine quality is basically the same yada yada yada! you guys know the rest. I decided on the 60D and was impressed with the the camera and amazed when I viewed the iso 3200 on my screen I couldn't believe it. It leans a little more to video, which is a direction i would like to explore anyway, I've noticed some of the top notch photographers are doing a lot of video these days, case in point see http://stevenkleinstudio.com/www/index.html . Also, these bodies are replaced like every year or so to me it's all about getting better at composition/lighting being creative then comes the L lenses and lastly a great camera body. I was going to wait for the next offering but I would miss valuable shooting opportunities. All in all I love the 60D it makes me want to go out and shoot and that to me is big.

Thanks to everyone at the Canon (and EOS 7D/50 - 10D) Forum for being such a great help (mostly) and headache (at times).

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow