Started Oct 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheGingerNinja
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
First DSLR - Multiple options and analysis paralysis
Oct 15, 2010

Good morning everyone, I'm about to take my first leap into the world of DSLRs. I'm obviously getting ready to part with time, money and potentially sanity....

I'll start with my recent camera history, I had the Sony R-1 for about 5 years and loved the lens and articulating screen but decided that I want to take the step up to a true DSLR. I currently have the Canon s90 as my point and shoot pocket camera.

I'm stuck between three options for where I go next, I have no glass at the moment and probably have about $1500 to spend but can maybe stretch another $500 for the right kit.

My three options are the Sony SLT-A55, the Canon 60D and Nikon D7000.

Is the 60D or D7000 too much of a stretch for a beginner to true SLRs? I like the articulating screen of the 60D & a55 but the sony lens selection isn't as wide as the Canon or Nikon system.

I'll be posting this elsewhere to try and get some general opinions from people who have some hands-on experience with the camera

There are clearly some pros and cons for the camera / system selection but any advice would be greatfully received.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow