Started Oct 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Garg
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Flash solution for gf1?
Oct 15, 2010

My friend has a canon or nikon entry dslr that takes nice potraits of people indoor with its built in flash, where my gf1 only produce really white and flat pictures.

I understand that a external flash with tilt head that can bounce the light into the roof would be the best solution, but that have two drawbacks, the cost to buy one, and the weight and bulk to cary it around.

Why does my friends camera produce better photos, when my lens can gather more light and therefor need less light from the flash, and are there any solutions to this not including carying a big bulky flash? Like a filter that spreads out the light instead of throwing it into the face of the "victim", a filter that preferable can sit on the flash even when the flash is "pop:ed down".

If there are no such solutions, wich is the smallest external flash that gives "okay" potraits on parties and such? (no pro photos, just of famely and friends)
Thank you.
Garg

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow