Started Oct 14, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SorenDKBRH
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Will a 5D mark iii make you a better photographer
Oct 14, 2010

A lot of threads are about the upcoming 5D3 and a lot of concerns that Canon are behind Nikon etc. We are all curious about the specifications but I think a lot of the fuzz is created by people who are more into tech specs than real photographing - or am I wrong? I have been there too - but (finally) I realized that a better camera will not make me a better photographer.

Looking through my collection I must humble say that better tech specs do not make the pictures much better - or maybe I simple lack the talent that would take them to a higher level thanks to 8 fps instead of 4 or one stop better ISO? When I look at the best pictures in my collection - I see that it is this special light, that smile, the composition that does the all. I don’t see how a 5D3 would make it any better to me. I have a 5D2 by the way - but in fact some of the outstanding pictures in my collections are from my LX3.

A realize that I may not be pushing the 5D2 enough (e.g., sports) but I think that the discussion is somewhat more a tech spec discussion among people that can afford the camera and not so much among people that really knows how to take good pictures. Or am I wrong?

I could use a firmware upgrade though.......and one more lense by the way.....

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow