ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xpanded
Regular MemberPosts: 264Gear list
Like?
DP2s or DP2upgrade vs GXR
Oct 11, 2010

Dear GXR users

I wonder if anybody has compared the AF performance (speed, precision, low light performance) between the GXR with 50mm macro lens in its fastest AF mode and the Sigma DP2 with the AF upgrade launched with the DP2s.

I have the DP2 and like it a lot, but it is not good in low light even after the upgrade. Speed and precision is much improved though. Still, I most admit that after fondling the GXR at Photokina I felt very much endeared to its handling which seems to me to be Ricoh standard and then some.

I have more Ricohs (3) than Sigmas (2) so I have neither a preference for one or the other. And although the X100 seems very well thought out I am presently only comparing the birds in hand. The Leica X1 I have ruled out as well as any of the m4/3 or offerings from Samsung and Sony.

Please only comment if you have actually tried both cameras in real life shooting. I much prefer real life experience to the various tests in photomags and on sites.

Thank you in advance.

Happy shooting
Xpanded

PS: Sorry if I missed any recent comparison – what I could find dates back to prior the DP2 was upgraded.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow