ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevoo
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
Stepping into DSLRs. 20d or 30d?
Oct 11, 2010

Hello DPReviewers!

I've owned my G9 for over a 2 years now and have had great times with it. I just recently sold mine and bought another newer one because I've enjoyed it so much. As of now, my G9 has the Raynox 0.75 converter, canon 2x converter, canon underwater case, raynox macro lens, and speedlite 430ex.

Although I've been pretty happy with the pics I've taken with the G9 during the day, I have noticed a degradation in quality when I take pictures in low light conditions. Because of this, I'm thinking of dipping my feet into the DSLR realm.

Ideally like many of you, I'd like to jump up into the full frame cameras but realistically, I think the right move would be to move into the dslr non-full frame cameras first to see if a dslr is something I'd carry around with me. Wouldn't want to spend over a thousand to find out that the camera sits on t

I've looked through the reviews and read many posts. From these, I've decided to try purchasing a used 20d or 30d as an intro camera. I've grown accustomed to the adjustment dial on the back of the G9 and don't think I would like the button format that is on the xx0d series.

I was thinking that mating that body with either a 50mm f1.4 lens from canon or approx 17-70 f2.8 lens from canon/sigma/tamrac would be a good start.

Any advice/input you have would be great.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow