bluevellet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,667Gear list
Like?
Re: C-AF on my E620 doesn't work anymore
In reply to wmsson, Oct 10, 2010

wmsson wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

sleeepyhead wrote:

check your settings. I have mine focus in caf when pressing the fn button while 1/2 click locks the exposure. Sometimes i forget and expect focus on the 1/2 click

Nope. Still set to one-click white balance (what I want for the fn button). Thanks for the suggestion though.

I hesitate to reset all camera settings. I'd prefer to use that as a last ditch attempt.

My E30 would not focus with a half press in C-AF either and the problem was the menu settings for focus. Possibly this is the problem with your E620 although I was able to focus with live view.

Assuming somewhat the same menu system with the E620 and E30, under wrench 1, go to button/dial and then into AEL/AFL. Then you can set C-AF autofocus to happen with a half press. I had been messing with this last time I used C-AF and had it set to focus on a full press and forgot to change it back. I kept giving it a half press and expecting focus and it wasn't until I accidently gave it a full press and then it focused that I realized what the problem was.

Not sure if this is the issue with your camera but it's something you can check into.

Bingo!

Thanks.

bluevellet's gear list:bluevellet's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-P3 Nikon D610 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow