Started Oct 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
owenleve
Senior MemberPosts: 2,579
Like?
S95, I like it
Oct 10, 2010

All my pro gear is Nikon. I have never found a good P&S from them however. I recently tried the p7000. Not sure if it's the camera in general of if mine was simply a bad camera; slow write times, sluggish menus, the zoom freezing, etc., etc..

Bought the s95. Really fun camera to shoot with. VERY intuitive. Haven't looked at the manual once. The rotating dial on the front combined with the wheel on the back allow you to actually USE the manual controls, quickly and easily.

For the size of the camera I'm blown away with what it can do.

Just some test shots. Nothing too epic. Played with the miniature effect, fun. Though I wish it were possible to shoot raw in that mode. Also, the video seems extremely poor but that doesn't bother me to much, it's not something I use often anyway. (maybe i would if it were better?).

Note that a lot of these were taken while driving, and some while drunk. So, overall, not bad.... The miniature, some will like the shots, other not. Take them for what they are.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow