Started Oct 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
adrian mctiernan
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Re: Exclusive: Sigma and Foveon discuss the forthcoming SD1
Oct 8, 2010

For me, Great news! I need to update my present camera, I am 62, and don't have years to waste while Foveon got it's act together to make a bigger chip, and now we have 15 megapixels (forget the x3, it's practically completely irrelevant), I will be able to get results on my scenic shots which will be way ahead of what has been possible to me. I look forward, hopefully, to a 24-30 megapixel version of the Foveon, (OK, x3, so 72-90 megapixel if you insist), full-frame perhaps, before too much longer - what a great day that will be - tiny, very sharp details, no moire, subtle colours, big blowups, etc. It will be worth getting some better lenses too - I hope Sigma is working on even finer detail lenses without them costing a fortune - ( I borrowed the use of a Canon white big zoom lens last week, and it was £5000 or so and weighed a ton), so smaller too, please. They have not said anything about colour accuracy or High-ISO artifacts, so I am fingers crossed, but am keenly waiting. Hurry up, Sigma - (and Foveon). Now that Sigma have taken over Foveon, there will be a big boost in the possibilities. It is good that Sigma have listened to photographers, I wonder if they have panels of practising photographers they listen to?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow