ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fz750
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
500D(T1i) or 550D(T2i)
Oct 8, 2010

Hi all,

After (prematurely) giving my 350d to my daughter, and then finding myself with a little less money free than I expected to get a replacement, I am faced with what to do next...

Currently there's an offer here (Switzerland) for a 500D for $679 against $986 for a 550D. Seems like a decent price to me!

I would really like to spend as little as possible but, like many people, seem to have an allergy about buying anything but the latest model - so I'm a bit unsure whether this is the right move.. (head, or heart...)

Alternatively, I could get cheaper Nikon D3100, but this does not have the DOF preview, and even the local Nikon/Canon dealer advised me to get the 500d rather than the D3100 or 550d, it being a bit too basic he said.. (and the main advantage of the 550d is video he said)

(arguably he wants to get rid of old stock, but who knows..)

Any opinions? I guess I should just get the 500D and get on taking photos, but this is a harder decision than I expected

Thanks, Kevin

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow