DL4 Western Up-land Hunting PE #2

Started Oct 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087Gear list
Like?
Thank you for the responses!!
In reply to Birddogman, Oct 6, 2010

Wow! Thank you so very much for the kind comments and encouragement. That meant a lot to me – really. Event though I’ve been messing around with photography for over 40 years or so (learned in the Army in the late 1960’s), I want to learn much more and develop true skill. I work pretty hard at that. I hope to retire at the end of the year and take some courses on Photoshop and photography in general.

My goal is to present an activity that has been my passion for my whole life in a manner that is interesting and informative to people who don’t know anything about it; all the while trying not to offend those who oppose hunting (which position I respect, BTW, as long as the proponents are consistent in their approach).

I also much appreciate all constructive criticism of my stuff that you are willing to provide – again in an effort to learn. Interestingly, though, the blue in the roof of the abandoned dust bowl era house out on the prairie was really there – not a PP artifact. It was probably the underlayment of the shingles. Below is the shot just as it came out of the little Leica – the only PP here was to shrink the file down to a manageable size.

FWIW, I enjoy this forum because there are an number of very good photographers here and the focus, while it is on equipment to some extent, is primarily on the result rather than the process. Of course, we could not get our results or tell our photographic stories without the equipment, but the equipment is a tool to get the result, not an end in itself.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow