Started Oct 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ray Maines
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,277Gear list
Like?
I'm Officially Worried
Oct 6, 2010

My wife shoots with a Canon EOS 400 XTi and is looking to upgrade. We stopped at our local B&M store and looked at the $1,700 Canon 7D with a large Penta-Prism view finder, 100% coverage and 1.0 x magnification.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to see a new a33 or a55 and a new a7 something is only a wishful day dream, and none of have a clue what it's VF might be like, but I'll tell you that it better be good great. Anything less than perfect just won't be good enough. I don't want to get on either side of this EVF vs. OVF debate, but the bar is set pretty high and Sony needs to get this one really right.

I haven't read any reviews of the 7D and don't know much about it, except that the View Finder is stunning. In fact, it was better than the FF 5D. Sony sounds confident but starting tonight, I'm officially worried.
--
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Ray Maines's gear list:Ray Maines's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LookNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow