CS5 / Lightroom CPU choice

Started Oct 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
Capture-my-Nikon
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Re: CS5 / Lightroom CPU choice
In reply to DRode, Oct 4, 2010

Based on a few of the questions you have asked-answered, you know a good deal about photography and have needs beyond basic-TIFF and RAW.

2 schools of thought. Adobe haters who will tell you go with Canon software-and Gimp and… and…. IMO-It’s a hassle to handle several pieces of software to accomplish one set of tasks.

Group 2- people like me-Photoshop. You invested in a fine camera. Make use of the images you create-take it further than you have in the past. Retirement offers you one thing-lots of time. Use some of it to improve your photography.

I beta tested PhotoshopCS5-no free software. I know a good deal about what Adobe is doing with the entire Photoshop line. PS Elements is focused on P$S or entry DSLR users those who want to send their photo to others after they edit them. IE-“Social network” software. It has good basic capabilities, but you will have problems with TIFF conversions. It’s not great with RAW files either. Like I said-good camera and images-take photography further than you have in the past. Try the 30 day trial. No strings-full functionality.

I recommend that you purchase Photoshop CS5 (-not extended.) It will do everything you want and far more. In the past few months, I have learned an amazing amount about Photoshop's capabilities. I thought I was already good with it but wow! You can do quite remarkable stuff with your images.

If you enjoy photography, spend some time learning new ways to change your images with PSCS5. Photography is all about personal expression. IE-fine art. While I can’t draw straight lines, Photoshop takes care of that for me.
A few books will help you get started.

See the PM I sent you for more info.
--
At light speed

Capture-my-Nikon's gear list:Capture-my-Nikon's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Camera Raw 7 Adobe Bridge CS6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow