50-135 : Worth the SDM risk?

Started Oct 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
grahamdyke
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
Re: 50-135 : Worth the SDM risk?
In reply to Kyle Logan, Oct 4, 2010

Kyle Logan wrote:

I am considering buying this lens. I am worried. I have intentionally avoiding SDM lenses for years now given the intermittant problems. What are your thoughts for those that own the lens? Should I take the risk? It's not a lens I would use frequently, perhaps 1-2x per month. Thoughts?

If the original poster (Kyle Logan) is still interested the Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 DC HSM II has indeed now been Discontinued. As a result SRS Microsystems in the UK are now selling this in Pentax mount for the princely sum of just £349 ($525), thats about £220 cheaper that the previous lowest price for that lens. Not sure where you are located, but they will likely ship ok to US/Can.

http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/701/Sigma-50-150mm-F2-8-EX-DC-HSM-II-Lens---Pentax-Fit---SPECIAL-OFFER---LIMITED-STOCKS.html

I have had this lens for some 4 months now and took it to Alberta/Rockies on holiday. Great size/weight for a trip and really nice IQ and HSM to boot.

Be quick though they are sure to vanish pretty quick at that price...
--
Graham Dyke

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SDMNew
No.New
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow