Started Oct 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
byBrenna
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
7D vs 5D Mark II ... help with a couple comparison items
Oct 3, 2010

OK... all the technical talk I've been combing over in these forums has my head spinning. Here is my situation. My 40D has just given me the wonderfull error 99 and is in for repair for an extended time and I am forced to buy a second camera (which I should have had anyhow) I do a lot of outdoor family pics, and portrait photography (or attempt to in my small living room), and snapping of my kids. Prefer to use natural light, so often find myself in low light situations. I'm not a pro... just trying to learn as much as I can to gain more confidence behind the camera.

Deciding between the 7D and the 5D Mark II . the fps doesn't matter as much to me, and neither does any of the video specs. I am leaning toward the FF, but of course the price scares me. But none the less I want to make the right choice. The best camera that handles light and color... but I'm sure they are comparable.

I understand that the full frame helps with color and low light situations better... But when doing the side-by-side comparison... there is a significant difference in Pixel Density and Exposure Compensation. I can't really grasp an understanding of these. It appears to me that the 5D Mark II lacks in both areas compared to the 7D... but it has the biggest sensor. Can someone shed a little light on this for me?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
btwNew
5D2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow