Started Oct 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gremmen
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
7D weird behavior
Oct 2, 2010

Before sending my 7D for repair, i need some advice or suggestions or may be a fix from the readers on this forum.

Recently my 7D occasionally refused to take a picture. I mean, it focused, and calculated a decent exposure time / diaphragm, but then nothing happened. I thought it to be an issue with the focusing algorithm, as it happened unexpectedly and i was not able to reproduce it.

However, the day may daughter got her university grade and i insisted on making the pictures to remember a lifetime, my 7D gave up. Whatever i did, no exposure. Finally, in despair, i managed to convince the thing of making a movie for most of the time.
What happened:
Pushing the exposure button focuses the image, a small ready beep, and nothing.

Switching the camera on/off is even more strange, when switching ON it makes an exposure as if i hit the exposure button, and even opens the flash if judged necessary. Changing mode (from automatic to programmed for example) makes an exposure. Most buttons do not function, such as menu or playback. During the ceremony i managed to open the menu once and did a "factory reset". No change.

Yesterday i removed both batteries to create a hard reset. Imagine my disappointment when after a full night without batteries the first thing my 7D did after switching on was making an exposure. Any user that had a similar experience and got the camera working again, without repair ?

Thanks for your help...

Gert

Anyone

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow