Can the D7000 considered an A700 replacement?

Started Sep 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
tom
tom
Senior MemberPosts: 2,718
Like?
Re: an alternative
In reply to CFynn, Oct 2, 2010

CFynn wrote:

The D7000 might be a good alternative if you are fed up waiting for an A700 replacement ~ but my hunch is that Sony will come up with both an A7xx and an A77 within a year (maybe a NEX 7 too) and prove all the doomsayers on this forum wrong.

I hope you are right.

I have no desire to have to change systems, and will keep using my A700 and KM7D backup. While I'm waiting to see what Sony really does, I intend if my current camera dies to buy used A700's and maybe used A850's (depending on price) until that becomes an issue, even though I prefer to buy new DSLRS with extended warranties due to the obscene "flat fee" repair costs.

I have put aside the money that I had saved for buying the 70-400SSM and 135 STF lenses and will not buy any other expensive lenses or accessories until sometime next year (?) when I get a better idea if Sony will follow up with an A7xx (I assume if they do it will be something I would want to buy). If next year there is no A7xx, then I will start buying into another system (not sure which yet) using the money I have for those 2 lenses. Then I will slowly start to build up that system.

tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow