Hand Held Twilight (TX9) rules the night...

Started Oct 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike21mike21
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Hand Held Twilight (TX9) rules the night...
Oct 1, 2010

Who hasn't been impressed with the HHT mode on the later Sony (and now other) models? Im constantly amazed at how much fun it is and little light it needs for reasonable shots.

I just bought the Canon SX30IS which (aside from a monster 35X lens) touts a good "low-light" mode. Decided to see if it holds up to the HHT on the dissimilar TX9. The SX30IS drops the pixel count to 2.5MP (thus the lower photo dimensions). Nice idea but does it work?

http://forums.dpreview.com/galleries/6628576675/albums/tx9-and-sx30is-lo-light-samples

Not even close. Given a bit of blur in the very low-light shots, the TX9 is just awesome. It truly makes nighttime photography fun - something I had not even imagined before I got the TX7 with the early implementation of the HHT.

I'm gonna dig out the Canon T2i and really challenge the TX9. David and Goliath, as it were. Brain vs. Brawn. Who do you think will win that nighttime challenge?

Just imagine the new Sony A55/A33 DSLR's - both have large sensors AND HHT. Scary thoughts (just in time for Halloween). Nighttime photography rocks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow