Started Oct 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ladyD
Regular MemberPosts: 434
Like?
wanted lens experts
Oct 1, 2010

I am really struggling with my next lens upgrade. I really want to get something that is very versitle, so I won't have to continually change lenses when I am working on different projects if possible. I do quite a bit of head shots and animal portraits, and some events, so I am indoors and out. I currently have a minolta AF 70-210 F.4 but as you may well know it is quite heavy and cumbersome. I use my minolta AF 35-70 quite a bit because I do like it's focal range, but feel like the IQ isn't quite as good as it could be. I was all set to get the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 but am wondering if I may be dissapointed because it may cause distortion in portraits and it may not have the focal lengh I may wish I had. I am wondering if getting the tamron 18-250 F3.5-6.3 would be a step up from my Minolta AF 20-210 F.4 or just very close to the same. Or would I be better off going with the Tamron 17-50 or is there something better I should be looking at? P.S. I also have a minolta AF 28-85 F3.5-4.5 Would like input on this lens also. Thanks Di

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow