Started Sep 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
quadrox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,011Gear list
Like?
Request for all non-pixel-peepers
Sep 30, 2010

Note: Please keep discussion civil and take this post with a (small) grain of salt. If you find something that you find offensive or stupid, please let me assure you that your interpretation of my words most likely is wrong.

..............................................................................................................

Dear non-pixel-peeper, I have a request for you: When you partake in discussion regarding the optical quality of lenses and/or camera bodies, please abstain from stating that a given expensive piece of gear does not provide increased IQ over some cheaper version, or that the difference is marginal. I have read statements that go so far as to say "you cannot tell these two apart when looking at the camera display". Well, DUH!

But what does that mean for my purchase decisions? Absolutely nothing. If you zoom in to 100% magnification, that is where it counts. Sure, it may not be important to you for some reason or other, in that case the solution is simple: buy the cheaper lens yourself. But don't go around misleading others into thinking that there is no difference when there is. The difference may not be important to you, but it may well be to others.

So please, when you make statments about the quality of some gear, be sure to qualify it with some information on at which level the difference is or is not noticeable. Don't just say they are identical, if all you mean is that you don't care about the difference.

quadrox's gear list:quadrox's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow