ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lorang
Contributing MemberPosts: 674
Like?
What could improve K-5
Sep 29, 2010

Hi everybody.

"Akam(dot)no/artikler/hva_mangler_i_pentax_k-5/78634" has invited it's readers to participate in a little game to come up with "things" that possible could improve the K-5. And, let me state right away, Akam seem to be a non biased photo / camera web site that take Pentax cameras seriously as any other camera brand.

Translated webpage:

-- hide signature --

When we were at Photokina, we had a meeting with Wolfgang Bauser from Pentax. He was so modest that he claimed that K-5 had everything it needed for professionals and amateurs, and challenged us to say what it lacked. Since the camera was fairly new, we did not have a full list of specifications, and obviously had not had time to test the camera, so we couldn't give any answer to his question.

He made the statement after we mentioned that many users wanted a professional model. We talked a little about the full frame, but he said that the market is quite small, and totally owned by Canon and Nikon, the Pentax, with only two full-frame lenses would have nothing to gain in that segment.

But the Pentax K-5 looks like a great camera. Yet we have never seen a camera that can not be improved. So what's missing? Here we must of course discuss within what is technologically possible within the next couple of years. I also know that it is difficult to do without having tested the camera, so this is partly a game. But what's wrong with playing?

Go ahead and discuss, and I'll send the list to Wolfgang Bauser if it turns up anything. In this way, Pentax will get a constructive feedback on what users want, and you will have your voices heard at the manufacturer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please state your opinions and suggestions here, and I'll send a link to Erik Faarlund who wrote the article.

--
Regards
Roger

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow