Where the D7000 doesn't measure up to the D300/D300s...

Started Sep 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
sandy b
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,055Gear list
Like?
Some one is going to look the fool
In reply to JimPearce, Sep 28, 2010

either way. Interesting in this thread how so many pundits have decided: 1. no way the camera is better then the D300, or 2. its clearly better then the D300 (or as good as the D700), based on a few dozen shots, or the words of some unknown sales rep.

Real samples will be out soon, maybe this week, then we will know. Looking at the jpegs I think its clear something has improved at the higher ISO's. Whether its noise reduction only on jpgs or a truly better sensor will have to wait for RAW files.

And the rest of the camera is improved in many ways. 16 mp is nice, 6 FPS @ 14 bit is a biggie. So is lens fine tuning and the ablility to meter older lens. And I can run compressed RAW and get 15 shot burst. BTW, its obvious to me Nikon would NOT introduce a new multi cam, give it a higher number, and make it inferior to the old one. The D7000 will have improved AF that will be migrated upwords into the next D400 and maybe even D4.

Still, with all its improvements, its not a D300 replacement. But it does blur the lines a bit and set up a very exciting D400.

sandy b's gear list:sandy b's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lolNew
hehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow