Started Sep 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joe Ogiba
Senior MemberPosts: 2,949Gear list
Like?
Best K-5 review so far !
Sep 27, 2010

"That's easy: it looks and feels like a K-7. For many, this means they fall in love with the camera immediately. For some, it means the body is a bit small and the grip then may help or not. I tried the D7000. I am partial, I admit (for a subjective question like this). But the D7000 could not create the same kind of emotion when I tried it. At high ISO, one sees the lower noise floor in zoomed view, with the 18-55 kt lens, one feels the more aggressive AF, but other than that, it feels "K-7". With one notable exception: contrast AF. It almost feels like Pentax leapfrogged Canon and Nikon."

http://www.falklumo.com/en/k5preview.html

"The MSRP of the K-5 body is $1,399.- USD. Pentax is confused enough to not acknowledge this fact with their international corporation and to publish list prices as high as $1,599.- USD. I understand that Pentax was caught with their pants down when Nikon launched their D7000 body at $1,199.- USD just days before Pentax was going to announce their K-5 at a price, I am pretty sure about, closer to that of the D300s or 7D. But hey, if Pentax Germany can respond in a timely fashion, why not the corporation?

The German MSRP as announced at Photokina is 1,449.- € incl. 19% VAT and e.g., French online store digit-photo.fr already lists the K-5 body at 1,249.- € TTC and the D7000 body at 1,169.- € TTC, only 80 € less.

Both, K-5 and D7000 are announced to ship in October 2010 and you read it here first: when they hit the market, they will sell at equal price. And both cameras should sell very well, according from the first feed back I see."

Joe Ogiba's gear list:Joe Ogiba's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow